Hummus Tricolore con Pane alle Olive
Tricolour Hummus with Olive Bread
Getting creative in the pantry today, whipping up a Mediterranean specialty with 99% Italian ingredients.
A combination of:
1. Conserve della Nonna chickpeas
2. Frantoia Olive Oil from Sicily
3. La Favorita Pesto Genovese
4. Masserie di Sant’Eramo Puglian Sea Salt
5. Giusti Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Sprinkle of organic smoked paprika
7. Organic Tahini
8. Organic Garlic
1. In a Blender or Food Processor (we use a vitamix), weigh out 100g of Tahini and add 1 - 2 tablespoons of Giusti Apple Cider Vinegar.
2. On the low setting, start the food processor / blender and allow to whip up for 1 minute, this will give your hummus a lovely creamy texture.
3. Pour in 100g of Frantoia Olive Oil and 2 teaspoons of Masserie Puglian Sea Salt.
4. Whip up again for 1 minute.
5. Drain and rinse 2 jars of Conserve della Nonna chickpeas, add it to the food processor / blender.
6. On low, blend it up, occasionally pushing the chickpeas on the side down into the vortex of the blender to evenly break everything up.
7. Add 3 tablespoons of cold water to the blender and stir it into the hummus.
8. On medium, whip up the hummus one final time, the additional liquid should allow thorough mixing. If not, add a tablespoon of cold water at a time until the right consistency is reacher.
9. Scoop hummus into a bowl and using a spoon in a gentle circular motion, spread the hummus evenly in the bowl, creating a slight dip in the middle for an extra garnish of olive oil. On the side, spoon some La Favorita Pesto Genovese DOP and sprinkle some organic smoked paprika in a line down the center.
10. Enjoy with warm or toasted bread!