Orecchiette Alla Pugliese
- 350g Masserie Orecchiette (Traditional Puglian Pasta)
- 40g Masserie Puglian Sea Salt
- 2 yellow or red peppers
- 200ml. Tomato sauce or passata of your choosing
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 70g. "Masserie Fruttato Intenso" extra virgin olive oil
- Pecorino Romano DOP (grated)
- 1 chilli pepper
Cut the peppers into thin strips and brown them for about 10 minutes in a pan with extra virgin olive oil
Add the tomato sauce, the basil, salt, pepper and chilli pepper and cook for 20 minutes.
In the meantime bring to boil about 5 litres of water to which the coarse salt has been added, add the pasta and leave to cook for around 10 minutes.
Drain when the pasta is “al dente” (slightly firm to bite) and mix in the sauce
After mixing it well, add the grated pecorino on top and serve piping hot.