Parmigiana di Melanazane
Inspiration: @lidiabastianich !
Ontario eggplant, roasted, layered and topped with mozzarella di bufala, baked in @leconservedellanonna Vodka sauce for a Nonna’s Pantry twist!
1 large Ontario eggplant
1 jar Conserve della Nonna Vodka Sauce (you can substitute any tomato sauce of your choosing)
2 x 250g pre-frozen BUFA Mozzarella - a great way to use this ingredient!
Parmigiano to taste
Primagoccia Olive Oil for brushing onto eggplant and roasting
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Slice eggplant lengthwise at even widths and brush both sides with olive oil.
3. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, roast eggplant for 30mins until nicely browned.
4. Take eggplant slices out of the oven and take a narrow casserole dish that will fit your eggplant.
5. Pour in enough Tomato Sauce to coat the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Place in one layer of eggplant at a time, from largest to smallest, shred the Mozzarella di Bufala with your fingers and layer between each slice, grate some parmigiano between the slices as well, to your liking.
7. Top with some extra mozzarella and parmigiano and place completed, layered eggplant parmigiana back in the oven, bake for approx 20 minutes and take out of the oven.
8. Rest for 15-20 minutes to allow it to set and cool down.
9. Plate & Serve!