Caseificio Gennari - Parmigiano Reggiano DOP
The long history of Caseificio Gennari was started by Maria and Sergio in 1953 at the Villa Paveri dairy, making three cheese wheels a day. Then their children – Tino, Pietro, Rosangela and Paolo – joined the company and took over its numerous commitments: from the fields to animal husbandry, from production to ageing, up to running the shops. The grandchildren are now also involved in running an increasingly active company with an ever growing international reach.
1953 - The long history of Caseificio Gennari is started by Maria and Sergio, making three cheese wheels a day at the Villa Paveri dairy in Collecchio, near Parma.
1974 - Move to the Collecchiello premises, with an output of 12 cheese wheels a day.
1986 - Establishment of the Gennari e Barbuti farm run by Tino, thereby completing the supply chain.
1991 - The Dairy is expanded and renovated, reaching an output of about 24 cheese wheels a day.
1997 - The farm is expanded and the output reaches 40 wheels a day.
2003 - The first shop in Parma’s old town centre is opened.
2005 - The shop in Collecchio opens.
2007 - The ageing rooms are expanded and the farm grows further in size.
2008 - Oro Nero is produced, the new cheese of the Gennari Family, which is to become extremely successful.
2011 - The Bruna Alpina Braunvieh farm is set up, joining the promotion consortium bearing the same name and production of Parmigiano Disolabruna begins.
2016 - Production starts of the first wheels of organic Parmigiano Reggiano.
2017 - The fully owned farm of the renowned Red Reggiana cows is established and production of Red Cow Parmigiano Reggiano starts. Expansion and renovation works in the production area of the Dairy, with an output capacity of 100 wheels a day.